Friday, October 1, 2010

1950's Floral fabric on Trade Me


My 1950's Fabric Find



Look at this wonderful find, 4.3 meters of fabric, advertised as 1950's or earlier on Trade Me. Here it is fresh out of the box.


I loved it at first sight and just wanted to ponder on it for a while before I decided what to make with it. Of course it would have to be one of the Australian Journal Patterns from the 1950's.


The fabric is transparent, and synthetic, and is kinda like a synthetic voile. Voile is normally made of cotton, and has a stiff crisp feel to it.


So let me know, do you like it, or should it be shower curtain in a motor camp?

3 comments:

  1. HAHAA!!! Aw that last bit was brutal :P

    You know how I feel about these kinds of materials... But you seem to be better at spotting the potential in them so ignore me! I've been wrong before about materials like this which turned out to look fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is lovely 1950s fabric - a nice mix of colours (they can be really bad!), and a beautiful combination of line drawings and coloured flowers. It really does look like it was sketched and then hand-painted.

    I can't wait to see what you make from it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it - it's all gorgeously cups of tea and little cakes under the apple tree on summer's Sunday afternoon

    ReplyDelete