Thursday, August 25, 2011

Recycling and repairing

 My husband's jeans had a hole that was growing and growing like a cancer in my soul.  It was getting a wee bit ruuuuude and the jeans were about to be thrown out.  The problem was they were still sturdy and stout in other places, and he still liked wearing them.

So I thought time to put your money where your mouth is and repair them in such a way that they become more loved and have more meaning.  So here is what I did.

A little patch on the back to add strength and durability, hand sewn on so that the stitches did not show on the other side.

And a rather naive fish with stars in the sky cos of all the nights he has spent out fishing.  Love you my darling.

4 comments:

  1. that is way cute!!! Putting more love into it, a fantastic idea. I could hear you saying a little bit ruuude in my head as I read it and had a good giggle ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes it was fun to do as well - chefs talk about that when they cook, putting the love into it, and I think it makes a huge difference. Mind you so does your level of skill and this is pretty naive

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Francis, I could hear the "ruuuuude" voice too, how funny! I love this repair job...very cool

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this one. I swear the lil fishy's tail wiggled!

    ReplyDelete