Friday, May 27, 2011

The Poodle Collar

I have been inspired to create a piece of textile jewellery by a beautiful friend, who has ........ well it's kinda a wee, (obsession might be too strong a word), love of, passion for, attraction to, poodles.

This is a rough sketch of what I imagine the piece to look like when it is finished, although I think the scale of the circle is a little larger than I expect it to look when completed.  


 So this is what I have done so far.  The poodle is worked in antique seed beads on linen fabric.  The scale rule you can see down the side is 10cm long to give you an idea of the size of the finished piece, and the embroidery threads are the colours I was thinking of filling in the circle around the poodle.


The collar around the neck has two options, or more if you have another idea, cos this is all about you my poodle loving friend, and if you haven't got a Google account you need to get one so that you can become a follower, coz I am going for 30 followers, and that is the price you have to pay, (tee hee).  Anyway, I quite liked the houndstooth tweed shown in this image, for the collar, what do you think?


The other fabric we could use to cover the neck collar, is this beautiful Thai silk shown on the left of this image, it really is quite divine, but doesn't have the Co Co Chanel feel of the tweed, just a luxurious feel that is probably quite Parisian enough, n'est pas.  It's up to you my workoholic (oops did I say that out loud) darling, cos I would really appreciate your creative input on this one.  So let me know what you think, and I promise, not another stitch will be sewn until I hear back from you.  I am still waiting to lunch with you too, so push all those must do's aside and think of yourself and what you would like to do just for yourself, my creative, precious and wonderful friend.

2 comments:

  1. OK, ignoring the stuff that was going on in this post that I completely didn't understand, I love the tweed for the collar. The other fabric is fabulous, but not right for this.

    I totally love what you have done with the beads and the outline so far. Soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks and I have to agree with you about the tweed it is so right, so lets hope my poodle loving friend agrees. OOOH are we taking control?

    ReplyDelete